The National Council
on Privatisation (NCP) is the apex body charged with the overall responsibility
of formulating and approving policies on privatisation and commercialisation.
· To determine the political, economic and social objectives of privatization and commercialization of public enterprises.
· To approve policies on privatization and commercialization.
· To approve guidelines and criteria for valuation of public enterprises for privatization and choice of strategic investors.
· To approve the legal and regulatory framework for the public enterprises to be privatized.
· To determine the mode of sale of shares of a listed public enterprise and to advise the Federal Government accordingly.
· To approve the prices of shares or assets of the public enterprise to be offered for sale.
· To approve the appointment of privatization advisers and consultants and their remuneration.
· To appoint as and when necessary Committees comprising persons from both the public and private sectors with requisite
technical competence to advise on the privatization or commercialization of specific public sector enterprises.
· To approve the budget of the Council.
· To approve the budget of the Bureau.
· To receive and consider for approval audited accounts of the Bureau.
· To receive and review periodic reports from the Bureau on programme implementation and give appropriate directions.
and Sub-Committees of the NCP
order to effectively carry out its mandate, the NCP has established a number of
committees to assist it in the management of the privatization process.
The standing committees are:
Policy and Monitoring Committee
Publicity/Mobilisation & Transactions Marketing Committee
The Legal Committee