The Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) is charged with the overall responsibility of implementing the Nigerian policy on privatization and commercialization.
The functions of the Bureau as provided for in the Act include:
- Implementing the Nigerian policy on privatization and commercialization.
- Preparing public enterprises approved for privatization and commercialization.
- Ensuring the update of accounts of all commercialized enterprises for financial discipline.
- Making recommendations on the appointment of Consultants, advisers, investment bankers, issuing houses stockbrokers, Solicitors, trustees, accountants and other professionals required for the purpose of either privatization or commercialization.
- Ensuring the success of the privatization and commercialization exercise through effective post transactional performance monitoring and evaluation.